Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wynn Reader

Hello fellow bloggers!


I have received some useful feedback from readers, asking me to provide a little more information about Wynn reader. As some of you may be aware, Wynn reader is a program that allows an individual (in this case- teacher, parent or student) to make adaptations in electronic text. Text can be added, deleted or simplified. Other study aids that are also available using this program include:

-highlighting
-listing
-voice notes
-built in dictionary


When I was teacher, I used Wynn Reader with a child who had dyslexia. This program proved to be extemely successful in that the child gained a lot of confidence in their writing and they were more easily able to produce texts.

Have a look at the link I have provided and let me know how it goes. If you have any other questions or comments, feel free to send them my way!


Ciao
Miss Assistive Technology

Freedom Scientific Inc. (2010). Freedom scientific learning systems group. Retrieved 23rd September 2010, from http://www.freedomscientific.com/lsg/products/wynn.asp

2 comments:

Parent said...

Hi Miss Assistive Technology!
Thanks your the extra information. I have checked out the link you sent me and it has definitely been useful!
Thanks again :)
Curious Parent

Miss Assistive Technology said...

Curious Parent,

Great, glad I can help! Keep following with more assistive technologies to come.

Ciao
Miss Assistive Technology